Friday, October 31, 2014

Brewington Writ of Certiorari for the United States Supreme Court


Brewington Writ of Certiorari for the United States Supreme Court

Today, October 29, 2014, is my deadline for petitioning the United States Supreme Court. With the help of my mother and brother, to which there are no words to describe their ongoing love and support, I was able to send the finished product off to the publisher yesterday so my Petition for a Writ of Certiorari will be properly sent and served to the Office of the Indiana Attorney General and the Supreme Court of the United States of America by the end of the day today (Click here for a copy of the petition without appendix). The following excerpt is my closing statement from the Petition:


"The Petitioner made every effort to preserve his rights under the United States Constitution in a criminal action that was brought against Petitioner in retaliation for Petitioner’s criticisms of court officials. The Petitioner files his pro se writ of certiorari after being subjected to outrageous bonds, denial of counsel, and serving 2.5 years in prison because a prosecutor was able to obtain unconstitutional general conduct indictments and convictions by implementing a constitutionally invalid legal argument. The Indiana Supreme Court found that Petitioner’s alleged psychological disturbance was circumstantial evidence toward the commission of a crime yet the trial judge and public defender who both work out of the Rush County, Indiana Courthouse, failed to provide Petitioner with any mental health treatment or psychological evaluations in preparation of an effective defense. As Justice Rush and the Indiana Supreme Court have already stated the Petitioner’s guilty conviction is a general verdict error, it would be a miscarriage of justice not to reverse his convictions. The most telling evidence that the Petitioner’s internet writings enjoy First Amendment protections is the fact that no court of law has attempted to force the Petitioner to remove what the Indiana Courts deem to be hidden threats of violence. Petitioner’s experiences are still available atwww.danhelpskids.com and www.danbrewington.blogspot.com. Not having the freedom to criticize the conduct of court officials or living in fear of criticizing the conduct described in this brief would be the ultimate injustice."


The Office of the Indiana Attorney General has 30 days to respond. If the Indiana Attorney General, Gregory Zoeller, files a response, I will post a copy as soon as possible. I cannot say enough about the love and support I have received from so many during this entire experience. Thank you.



[Please note that I did not receive any outside legal advice in any state on this petition nor did I receive any assistance in writing the Writ of Certiorari aside from the help I received from my “law clerks” (mom and brother).]

Posted by Dan Brewington at 10/29/2014 02:43:00 PM Taken from Dan's Adventures in Taking on the Family Courts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy just doesn't get it...even the free speech folks that were with him in the Indiana supreme court are no longer with him. Because the indiana supreme court got it right. There is a reason nobody would represent him in the US supreme court. What a wacko.

Dan Brewington said...

That's fine. Call me a wacko. The Indiana Supreme Court claimed my psychological disturbance was a factor in upholding the convictions. That was based on a 2007 custody evaluation recommending near equal parenting time. For argument sake, say I am crazy, I am entitled to a psychological evaluation during the criminal trial in order to prepare a defense. There was no evaluation, thus a violation of my constitutional rights. If the psychological testing deemed me dangerous, why did Dr. Connor recommend liberal parenting time? I'm still trying to figure out where Rush got the violence thing when Kreinhop testified there was none. That doesn't even account for the fact that Rush said Negangard made a "plainly impermissible criminal defamation argument" in my trial and grand jury. Speaking of Negangard, the person writing this isn't Aaron is it? Pretty brave of you to make a baseless argument anonymously to try to make me look bad. If I were a judge, Negangard would probably indict you for calling me a wacko. Your welcome for me standing up for your right to call me a wacko.